SOAP AND GLORY GLOSS STICKS

Sunday 27 September 2015


Recently in Boots I was browsing the Soap and Glory stand and noticed that there were no longer the full size Sexy Mother Pucker balms and in their place were these Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Sticks in mini sizes and new shades and of course I couldn't resist, especially on a buy one get one half price I'm surprised I'm not writing about the whole collection. I don't know whether it was just my particular store that didn't hold both the full and mini sizes or whether the bigger ones are gone for good, but I thought I'd draw up a comparison post nonetheless.

I picked up Nudist and Pinkaboo, and I already have Nudist from the original formula, however this one is definitely a different shade entirely and does stick to a more brown/neutral nude rather than the peachy hue the original has. Pinkaboo is a medium pink and although nothing stand out, something I thought would become a staple in my collection.

I think what I've noticed with these in comparison to the original formula is that they are a little less thick. I often found the original to be quite heavy feeling and although it still stands as one of my favourite lip products, I do like that these are slightly more lightweight, and a little bit closer to a 'gloss' formula. These are now £3.50, and although you don't get quite as much product, I'm near enough yet to finish any of the lip products I own, so not only is this perfect for handbag size it also helps me get through it a little better than other ones I'd pay more for.

Generally, although there isn't too much difference to the original, I really like the concept of these and I'll be taking them on holiday with me in my carry on as they are just the best size. I especially love wearing these with a matte strong lip liner just to give more of a youthful appearance to my look, and I kind of want to pick up the rest of the range, in particular Purple Rain as it draws closer to dark lip season.

4 comments :

  1. The bigger ones are gone for good :( I totally agree with you the Nudist shade in both versions are completely different! Both lovely but the original wins for me so I'm a bit annoyed they don't do it anymore, I'm nearly finished mine! I want to add Purple Rain to my collection soon too, such a lovely colour!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are such a good price but I haven't tried the older bigger versions or these so I have nothing to compare to but will try these out xx

    BlondeOfCarbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering whether to try this but I'm not a fan of really glossy textures so it's good to hear these are more lightweight now! Pinkaboo looks so pretty :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought their superstar eyeliner and am in love with it! Great post!
    http://mebeingmummy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |