AN ODE TO COLOUR TATTOS

Sunday 30 August 2015


If there is one thing that rules my makeup collection, it's my vast collection of cream shadows, from MAC to Smashbox, but more commonly, the Maybelline Colour Tattoos - a drugstore alternative and some of the best I've found to date.

On and On Bronze stands as my favourite for the 'one sweep wonder' eye look I tend to go for on pretty much every day with school or work, to maximise the amount of time I get in my bed. It's a shimmery, mid brown/bronze that just looks incredible however you wear it - I like to put it down to magic. Permanent Taupe still stands as my brow product of choice since I pretty much praised it a long while back as my new budget breakthrough as a gel brow product, and I still love it just as much. It is ashy and long wearing, and literally looks amazing even when my brows need a tweeze.

Pink gold is perhaps a less used one, maybe because I'm a little scared that my green eyes won't go with the pretty pink shimmer hue and instead will leave me looking like I've got an infection, but if I'm feeling brave I will reach for it here and there. Another less used one is the Leather Effect Chocolate Suede, a deep smoky brown which I only use for serious occasions because quite frankly in natural light I can't quite rock a smokey eye. Then there is Timeless Black, an offering I tend to go for as a gel liner substitute, as the colour is so jet black and it is pretty malleable on the lid to get a good wing, although saying that if you were more daring than I am you could go for a major smokey eye with this as your intense base.

What colour tattoos have you tried, and do they live up to the hype that many (including myself) have created?

2 comments :

  1. I adore these so, so much! I actually use Tough as Taupe as a brow product, as it's that perfectly ashy colour for blonder brows. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I have never tried these before, I nearly went for the pink one but glad I didn't now I have dyed my hair red haha xxx

    BlondeOfCarbs

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |