BOUFFE DRY SPRAY

Friday 14 August 2015


My hair can sometimes look a little lacklustre and I'm always looking for products and ways to add a little volume to my roots to keep things looking decent throughout the day, and when the Bouffe Dry Spray* came through my door I was pretty excited, hoping it would be the new Oribe Dry Texturising Spray. 

On the can, it holds a lot of promises - mainly for thicker and bigger looking hair, thanks to the 'revolutionary formula' set to recreate the high styles of Marie Antoinette in the 18th Century - I mean you can't argue with that. I got the dark brown hair one, and it seems to blend pretty well with my hair anyway, and I think it might be down to this tinted formula that actually creates the effect of thicker strands all the way from the area of growth. However, what I don't like is the texture. I put this in my hair (I had it down and felt like a bit of volume) and it just felt really gross in my roots, and I just wanted to go home and rinse my hair. I mean, there was definitely a lot more volume there than before but I just didn't like the way it felt.

It's not all bad though - for work we are all required to have long hair tied back, and when I have my hair up it's very easy to slip into an egg looking style with a few flyaway chick tufts - however this kept things looking smooth the entire day, as well as maintaining volume. I think it's safe to say this works better with updo styles etc. as it kind of brushes out any gross feeling build up in the process of styling. To be honest I think this product would be best for stage work, like theatre and dance as it really does create a long lasting statement effect and you don't need to be touching the hair anyway.

The verdict? Not for me unless I'm scraping my locks back for work every Saturday, but I could definitely see a lot of uses for this one elsewhere...

1 comment :

  1. I do love the sound of this for updos that I find tricky but do not like the sound of it when my hair is down :/ I've been looking for brown hair products too! x

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |