Back To School Skin Essentials: for Face and Body

Thursday 15 August 2013

Hi guys!
So, the back to school date is lingering, for some earlier than others (mine is Monday...You heard me, Monday!), and so I thought it would be a good idea to give you a post on some of my essentials for that perfect back to school skin, on the face and the body. I will also be doing a back to school locker/bag essentials post at some point too - so let me know if that is something you would like to see. 
Remember, the collage thing isn't my idea, I was inspired by Megan from TheBeautyPier and thought they looked amazing, so don't give me credit! I'm currently obsessed with it, so go and leave a lovely comment on Megan's blog saying 'Lauren sent me here, I love the collage idea!' Thankyou! :)
So, I am not one for body lotions and I must admit these aren't my favourites. I don't suffer from any kind of dry skin, but if your body turns into prune mode the minute the climate changes, these will be for you. Designed to intensively restore the moisture in your skin, these will be great for the drier days. These are for dry and very dry skin types from E45, and although in this weather, I feel a little sticky with them on, I can imagine that in the winter I will grow to like these a little more. 

No matter how oily your skin is, or even how dry your skin is, it is essential to use a moisturiser. I have combination skin, and I find these work well for me, and I will try to guide the dry/normal skinned viewers out there as to what might work for you as much as I can. 
Simple Light Moisturiser: This is a daily staple in every skincare collection. This is such a simple product (ooer, didn't even mean that one!), but is great for many skin types. I think this will suit from oily-normal skin, and then if you have a dry skin, it is worth looking at this moisturiser in the rich formula. It's a little going a long way with this one, but if you were to squeeze out too much, then no worries! This will still soak in, without a greasy feeling at all. This is a product I will repurchase for a long time!
Nivea Regenerating Night Cream: This is also one I love. I put this on at night, not every night, but maybe 3 nights a week, when my skin needs that little bit more moisture, and a good pick-me-up. Thick in texture, but fast absorbing, this is a moisturiser I recommend for pretty much all skin types. I even find that if I haven't used this for a while and I use it one night, I will wake up to a much better complexion, and I feel like it soothes redness, and even a few blemishes fade!
LANCÔME Hydra Zen 'Neurocalm' Soothing Anti Stress Moisturiser: It has a big name, and a big price tag. Luckily I didn't buy this, as my mum got it in a goody bag and kindly gave it to me, but I am more than tempted to get a full size, although I don't think that will be happening any time soon. This is a lovely product, similar to the simple moisturiser, just a little more hydrating and that bit more soothing when you apply it. I find this to really calm the skin, and I love it! It was a little risky putting this one on here, as it is a little too pricey for a student, but some of you may be interested anyway!


I cannot stress enough how important it is to cleanse your face. No matter how much of a rush I am to get ready morning and night, I will always make sure to go through my skincare routine. The two I have picked are designed to target blemishes and imperfections, or enhance the skin,  as I am not sure about you, but when I am under stress and panicking about sorting everything out for school, I get some pretty nasty breakouts, and I want to prevent them as much as possible, or my skin will lose the glow I want for the back to school season. 

Garnier Pure Active Fruit Energy - Daily Energising Gel Scrub: This doesn't do anything special on the scrub side of things, the little beads are ever so small, I find them to refresh and add radiance to the skin rather than exfoliate. But as a daily wash, I am obsessed with this, and a repurchase will probably be coming my way. Firstly, it smells incredible, infused with grapefruit, pomegranate and Vitamin C, this really wakes me up in the morning, but isn't too uplifting to use a night. I love this so much. It has helped my skin a bit, but nothing too much that I can rave about really. 

St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:  Instead of getting the blemish fighting version of this scrub, I chose the Fresh Skin one, which is designed to revitalize dull skin, and give you a radiant complexion. Boy is this exfoliating, andf I would advise using this 3-4 times a week, as using an abrasive scrub daily will do more harm than good to the skin. This one also smells delicious, like apricot, you guessed it. I love this, as not only does it banish my dull skin, it also gets rid of those pesky blackheads. 


Last but not least, it is always good to have a more intensive treatment for those stubborn blemishes you may encounter. This is the Clearasil Ultra Blemish and Marks Treatment Cream, which when I first got sent, I absent mindedly shoved it to the back of my skincare basket, and then I began to use it more and more, and loved it more and more. I have trouble with blemishes, and then branching on from that, scarring and hyperpigmentation, so if I get a blemish, I will pop this on a night time, and by the morning it will have slightly faded, not only that, but when the blemish says goodbye to me, I won't be left with an annoying scar, so it's one less thing to cover. I wouldn't say this really helps with the scars I already have, but preventing them is where this badboy comes in. 

So, that was a very long post of all my back to school skincare and body essentials. I hope you enjoyed this post, and let me know in the comments what your essentials are! Make sure you go ahead and click the link to leave that comment for Megan, and follow too - She would like that a lot!
Thanks for reading, 
Lauren x




6 comments :

  1. Great post and such a good idea for a post!

    Millie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great post! I love e45 body lotions, and the Nivea night moisturiser too :)
    I also really want to try a St Ives face scrub, it sounds like it smells amazing.

    life-of-libby.blogspot.co.uk

    P.S I've also got a giveaway open at the moment for UK residents if you fancy checking it out :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Libby! I love them too! You should definitely try it, it smells incredible!
      Lauren x

      Delete
  3. I love Nivea lotions. My mom used it since we were young and I just grew up loving it. St. Ives has to be one of my favorite face scrubs. Love them!

    I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have a an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party every Friday. Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a good product! I have really been loving the St Ives Scrub recently too!
      Thanks for commenting!
      Lauren x

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |