VEGAN KOREAN BEEF RECIPE

Sunday 14 October 2018


Today's post is featuring perhaps one of my favourite vegan recipes I have tried since turning vegan and it's too good not to share as my first recipe I post. I can't take credit for this recipe myself, I actually saw it on @erinireland instagram story but the original creator was Lord Byron's Kitchen and it looked so simple so I just gave it a go one evening and really enjoyed it so could not resist sharing it! It only takes around 20 minutes to cook and is so worth it. I believe it actually is a vegetarian recipe however it happens to be accidentally vegan too which is perfect, and I found that generally I had most of the ingredients already, only having to stock up on one or two items.

Ingredients (to serve 4):

  • 1 pack of vegan mince (I used the Tesco own brand frozen version)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 large red onion
  • 3 cloves of minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons grated ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
  • Basmati rice to serve 4 (I also have made this with long grain rice and it still works well, but I'd recommend basmati over this)
  • Handful of chopped spring onions
Recipe: (Lord Byron's Kitchen website - link)

  1. In a pan on a medium heat, fry off the onions in olive oil; add the garlic and vegan mince and continue to fry for another 5 minutes.
  2. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, dried chili flakes, black pepper, and brown sugar. Stir well into the vegan mince mixture.
  3. Continue to fry until all of the liquid is absorbed and there is a slight sticky consistency - around 5 minutes.
  4. Serve with cooked basmati rice and top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds (the recipe suggests stirring these in whilst frying however I prefer them on top).
So, a fairly simple recipe that tastes amazing and is definitely worth a try. This is one of the top recipes I would recommend serving to people who aren't vegan, as the difference between this and a meat dish is barely noticeable because of the flavours - and it also has the approval of non-vegans which is always a good sign.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |