CRUELTY FREE SKINCARE

Friday 26 October 2018


Like I said in my first post of this vegan 'journey', I'm on a mission to transform my range of makeup, skincare and toiletries into a cruelty free range, as well as vegan. (I think cruelty free is my first goal, however I intend to near enough reach the goal of them both at the same time - and all of these products happen to fit both criteria so it really isn't going to be that difficult). In my mind I assumed cruelty free and vegan skincare would be ridiculously expensive, and something I wouldn't be able to afford as a student on a tight budget - but I was wrong, as Superdrug's skincare range is entirely cruelty free and vegan (and as far as I am aware their other own-brand products all are too!). This makes it incredibly easy and accessible to get your hands on a full skincare routine without breaking the bank.

The first step in my routine is the Superdrug Naturally Radiant Hot Cloth Cleanser, which I cleanse my face with. If I don't have a micellar water (which I didn't at the time of planning this post) I tend to use this to melt away all my makeup - which it does really well - and then go in for a second cleanse to actually cleanse my face, usually with a flannel or muslin cloth. I prefer a creamy cleanser like this rather than a foaming cleanser as I feel as though a foaming cleanser strips away the moisture from my skin, whereas this doesn't.

For a moisturiser I have been reaching for the Superdrug Naturally Radiant Renewing Night Cream, which I prefer using to the day cream as it is far richer and nourishing - and as the weather is getting colder my skin is needing something more hydrating. Because it has no SPF in it I would put that on separately. I really recommend this to anyone looking for an intensive moisturiser as it does the job so well.

Now for some treatments and serums - which I don't use every day but thought were worth mentioning as they do work well and also fit into the vegan and cruelty free criteria - so it shows your options. The first is The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% which I tend to use when my skin is breaking out, or just needs to be cleared and smoothed a little - and it does a pretty good job. Only thing is that it is slightly drying for me, so I need to make sure I go in with the moisturiser. Finally, the Superdrug Naturally Radiant Glycolic Overnight Peel which is ideal for using every now and then to make the skin more radiant and glowy - I don't use this too much as I don't want to strip my skin too drastically, but I usually go for this the night before a night out just to give me a little boost.

I hope this proves that being cruelty free is not as expensive as people assume, and even more so considering the Superdrug range is more often than not on offer for buy one get 2nd half price, or save 1/3, so really nothing is stopping you.

2 comments :

  1. I've heard great things about the ordinary niacinamide serum, I suffer with breakouts/scarring so I definitely think this could be one to try for me!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I would really recommend it for you! - give it a couple of weeks and you'll see some good results! x

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |