MAC VELVET TEDDY

Thursday 17 March 2016


This is a post that I promised myself not to mention 'Kylie Jenner' in, but it seems to be the surrounding connotation to the shade and has been for quite some time, so I'll get it out the way nice and early to spare any eye rolls. Velvet Teddy has been on my wishlist for a while now, and when my dad went on a trip of course I jumped on the duty free opportunity for him to get me one on his travels.

This has become one of my most regularly used lipsticks in my collection, and definitely is my favourite by a mile. I think the perfect mix between brown/nude/pink (I could not possibly give more of a vague explanation) paired with the matte formula is what makes this perfect. I firmly believe that if this was not matte, the colour wouldn't work for me. Lasting time is pretty long, even without a liner, and although sometimes I get a line around the lips if I eat a full meal with it on, this is only faint and the majority of the pigment remains on my lips. I would suggest if you have dry lips to definitely opt for a balm underneath else you'll struggle with dryness.

Out of the three MAC Lipsticks I've owned, although I haven't had the widest range of options this is definitely my favourite formula and shade in my drawers overflowing with variations, and I think the countless compliments and constant 'oh thank you it's MAC Velvet Teddy' responses I've dished out, it is pretty clear that this gets a gold star from me.

3 comments :

  1. I still can't believe I haven't tried this I need to get round to it!

    Coleoftheball xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just need to take the plunge and finally get it. It's too gorgeous not to :)

    Sparkle with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely on you - I really want to try Velvet Teddy!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |