THE TWO GO-TO PRIMERS

Saturday 21 February 2015


Ask me a couple of years ago, and I would have told you I didn't wear primer, but as time goes on I've grown a bit of an obsession. Recently I've nearly made my way through a Bourjois Luminous Primer Serum, and in conjunction with the glow I like to use something a little more shine absorbing down the T-Zone for a longer lasting finish, and that comes in the form of one of these two on a daily basis.

The first is the Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Primer, one I hated at first but my skin got used to it rather quickly and I began to use it daily. I would like to point out that these two are rather silicone based, so bear that in mind as well as your personal preferences. This completely smooths the skin and fills in any pores, so that my chosen base goes on seamlessly. It definitely helps my makeup last much longer especially in the school day where it tends to slide off and on days I forget in a rush I do feel and see the difference.

The PoreFessional by Benefit is not much different, and is the newest to my collection in the primer family, and it's been almost a battle between the two as they are both so similar. This one is slightly peach tinted but doesn't translate onto the skin at all, and it does just a good job at keeping makeup on, and it has the same silicon consistency - something that does not bother me and works for my skin. It's another staple, and I will be sad to see these minis run out and I recon there will be a repurchase on the cards.

To be honest, I recon I will go for whichever option is the best value/cheapest when it comes to repurchasing as honestly, side by side on my hand I cannot tell the difference between them. Which do you prefer, or do you have a budget alternative?

8 comments :

  1. I've tried both and the Benefit one is my holy grail of Primers!! great post :) x

    http://shannonkims.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really like primers at first too but they grew on me. I do love my Porefessional and it works great on me but I would like to try the Smashbox one.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have smashbox high on my list as it's a brand I haven't ever got a chance to try properly, and I do love benefits primer it works really well without causing any problems to my foundation xx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the porefessional, it really does the trick. Their That Gal primer is good as a highlighting primer too, leaves a nice glow beneath foundation :)

    http://stylewithgracie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both my favourite primers! xo

    Jenny | That Northern Gal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely prefer the POREfessional. The texture is the main reason, and that it lasts all day, where as the Smashbox for me, did hold as well all day. Both great primers though! :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post. I agree, I love these two primers so much, even though for me the Smashbox primer beats Porefessional hands down x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really love both of these!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win the rose gold GHD styler and hairdryer on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |