REAL TECHNIQUES NIC'S PICKS

Sunday 8 February 2015


Real Techniques have ruled by brush collection for more than enough time for me to know I love their range, and when this set dubbed Nic's Picks came out I knew I would be getting my hands on it, a range of brushes chosen into a set by a professional herself, in stunning silver packaging - I was sold. Each brush holds a different purpose for me, and I love every single one.

The Duo Fibre Brush is the one I use daily for powdering my base, as it offers a light dusting and does not overpower any of my makeup. This is not dense at all, so you won't be looking flat faced at all, and this brush is a staple from me, and it's also brilliant if you are a bit scared of blush like myself, as it offers just a light sweep of colour.

The Cheek Brush is exclusive to the collection, and from looking at pictures I imagined it to be like the Expert Face Brush, but it is rather different, as it is larger, with longer bristles yet still rather dense (although not quite as much). This is also good for blush, especially cream products and bronzer too as it seems to get the same perfect for my face.

The Angled Shadow Brush is another exclusive to the set, and this is a good one for crease work, especially if you want to define with a matte shadow, as it fits right into the socket. I didn't think I would like this one so much, but I've got quite a lot of use from it and it is super handy for a range of eye looks, from everyday neutral to an intense smokey eye.

The Base Shadow Brush was the one I was really looking forward to trying, as I'd heard so much praise about it, and boy is it good. It applies colour and blends colour seamlessly and honestly if you only had to get one brush, make it this. It's slightly tapered making for easy blending and I use this no matter what look I am going for. It's a winner.

Finally, another exclusive in the form of the Eyeliner Brush, a short, firm angled brush which is superb for a strong gel liner wing, or even for pressing a dark brown or black shadow into the lashline for some less intense definition. I also like this for a strong brow with an eyeshadow, as you can be really precise with your application and with a little extra time you can almost mimic some hair strands as it is such a fine brush.

I certainly have me eye on the bold metals collection too, though I'm not sure my budget will allow for it, but the Flat Contour brush from that range is most certainly on my wishlist.


6 comments :

  1. I love the look of this set, I’m a big fan of their cheek brush I think they did something similar in the three piece travel kit. Fab review sweetie :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so amazing, I think this set is my favourite from Real Techniques....And I agree on the bold metals collection, I might just need to splurge on the Flat contour one :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dying to try these brushes.The look so sleek and I particularly want to try the cheek brush. I got the core collection and travel set for Christmas and love them. The flat Contour brush from the Bold Metals collection is also on my wishlist ahaha x All round I just have a love for Real Technique brushes ahaha

    Caitriona | Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want the bold metals collection but as a whole I just need new brushes I am not happy with my mismatch set at the moment :( xx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look lovely and I'd love to try this set as they look so pretty.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  6. As if I needed talking into buying these some more! I think I may finally be convinced.

    - Rambling of a Beauty Blogger

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |