FLUFFY VEGAN PANCAKES

Saturday 17 November 2018


Pancakes are the perfect weekend breakfast/brunch treat, and even though vegans don't eat eggs, pancakes can still be made vegan - so I thought I would share in time for you to make these on Sunday morning if you fancy. These are just simple fluffy pancakes and you can customise them however you wish - for mine, I added a little cinnamon to the mix before cooking as well as topping with banana and strawberries (I will share my blueberry topping recipe at some point too).

The recipe is actually one that I just got from Tasty - their fluffy vegan pancakes recipe, and it is certainly the best I've tried and they taste no different to pancakes I had as a non-vegan. Other recipes I have tried haven't tasted as sweet or just don't quite satisfying my pancake craving so I always stick to this one now.

This recipe serves 4 (however if you're feeling particularly hungry and want to indulge, split it between 2), and is taken from the Tasty website which is linked here.

125 grams flour (I use gluten-free flour for mine, however literally any will work)
2 tablespoons organic sugar (organic ensures it is vegan-friendly)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
240 millilitres of vegan milk - I use oat milk and think they taste best with this, but again any will work just as well and using your favourite is the best idea!
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (allows you to create a buttermilk so they are fluffy)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Any toppings you desire (and I also added 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to the mix)

Recipe:

  1.  Add the dry ingredients and combine by stirring
  2. Combine the vegan milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla and stir to combine - leave to rest for a few minutes so that it kind of 'separates' - this is necessary for the fluffiness, don't freak out over it!
  3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients - then leave the batter to sit for a few minutes again
  4. Pour desired amount of batter into a pan (non-stick works best) and wait for it to bubble, then flip on the other side
  5. Serve when still warm and top with whatever you desire!
This really is such a simple recipe and now it's got me craving pancakes again. I want to try a few more topping/filling ideas at some point so I'll definitely be back to report my findings of what works really well. Don't forget to tag me on Instagram if you try any of the recipes I post - @v.petitedecember


No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |